October-24-2019 - October-25-2019 CST
5445 Legacy Drive, Suite 100, Plano, TX
2-Day Certification Course
October 24th: 8am – 5pm
October 25th: 8am – 4pm
REGISTER NOW $1,895 Per Attendee
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT $200 off if you register before September 10th. (Discount automatically applies during check-out).
Agenda & Brochure
EVENT INVESTIGATION CERTIFICATION COURSE OVERVIEW This two-day Root Cause Analysis Certification Course is designed to help further understanding of how organizations can explore and analyze single events to provide timely
EVENT INVESTIGATION CERTIFICATION COURSE
This two-day Root Cause Analysis Certification Course is designed to help further understanding of how organizations can explore and analyze single events to provide timely and appropriate information that facilitates quality decisions toward improving outcomes. Our approach is designed to give you the skills to see risk clearly inside your organization − across system design and behavioral choices.
Through this course, you will learn to see your systems and the behaviors of your employees in a different way. Our purpose is to help you find innovative ways to learn about risk within your organization and to help you identify how to allocate resources to manage these risks effectively. In order to assist you in this, we’ve developed a FREE RCA SOFTWARE: the Causal Diagramming Tool (CDT), to complement our investigation methodology. It is the most effective RCA process available to teach how and what to learn from the single event.
THIS ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS CERTIFICATION COURSE WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO:
- Identify and tighten the gaps in your processes
- Manage your systems in good times and bad
- Improve your processes by learning from errors and risky choices
- Know what to do with that data to make the most effective changes possible
OVERVIEW THE RCA SOFTWARE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Learning about the humans in our system – the interplay between our fallibility, our choices, our environment, and our interpretation of risk
- The relationship between learning systems and justice
- The basics of macro-system design
- A survey of learning systems including Human Factors, System Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) through to Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Event Investigation – a window into the risks within the system
- Developing skill in Causal Mapping/Analysis with the Causal Diagramming Tool (CDT) software
- The power of audit as a learning tool
- Where to develop quality learning and feedback loops
- Sharing learning across the organization – communicating to affect positive and sustainable change
THE RCA SOFTWARE
CAUSAL DIAGRAMMING TOOL FREE RCA SOFTWARE:
This tool will let your investigators lay out their findings in a standardized, easily translatable format, without taking away from the complexity of the event. Taking it one step further, we have embedded the Just Culture Algorithm™ into the software core to help assess the behavioral influence of the event.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE EVENT INVESTIGATION/ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS CERTIFICATION COURSE, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Fully explore the richness of a single event to then conduct a systemic analysis across multiple events
- Describe the approaches and categories of individual and organizational learning
- Articulate how to assess risk across multiple values and allocate resources for the protection of clients and assets
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
You are a safety officer, a regulator, a quality director or risk manager, an investigator, or an auditor. You are responsible for assessing the health of the organization, and advising those with the authority to take action. Although you may not be without operating responsibilities, your primary interest is in learning about the risks inherent in running the organization, and how to protect the organization’s clients and assets.
Shuttle between hotel and Certification Course venue is not pre-arranged.
Please contact your hotel of choice to inquire if they offer shuttle services.
7600 John Q Hammons Drive
Frisco, TX 75034
Toll Free 1-800-EMBASSY Contact central reservations center and request the Outcome Engenuity rate of $169 nightly based on room availability.
2 miles from Course location (Hotel Courtesy Shuttle Available)
7121 Bishop Rd
Plano, TX 75024
Approximately $309/night 1 miles from Course location