December-5-2019 - December-6-2019
University Medical Center of New Orleans Conference Center - Room 1518 J
2000 Canal Street New Orleans, LA 70112
$1,895 per personREGISTER NOW
Agenda & Brochure
JUST CULTURE CERTIFICATION COURSE Overview We struggle in today’s world to hold people accountable in a fair and just manner when things don’t go as planned. Nowhere is this more
JUST CULTURE CERTIFICATION COURSE
We struggle in today’s world to hold people accountable in a fair and just manner when things don’t go as planned. Nowhere is this more evident than in high consequence industries like healthcare. We all want accountability, but what does that look like when any mistake, any choice, could have devastating outcomes? Outcome Engenuity’s Just Culture Certification Course explores this very question and changes how industry leaders view the concept of justice. Synthesizing research from systems engineering, human factors, and the law, this course empowers leaders to make a difference. Leaders make an immediate impact upon returning to their organizations to improve investigations, reducing adverse events, and fostering a culture of curiosity, shared learning, and accountability.
Outcome Engenuity is the only firm that provides training AND certifies through testing that course attendees have the depth of knowledge to lead their organizations in cultural transformation to a culture of consistently improved outcomes.
– Identify the role of an organization’s mission and values
– Define the factors of system design and good design strategies
– Describe the principles of managing the five core behaviors
– Describe the legal principles that provide the foundation for Just Culture
– Define the role played by imposers and the tools they use
– Identify the role of ‘the reasonable person standard’
– Define and contrast outcome-based and procedure-based duties
– Define and describe the three duties and how to identify breaches of those duties
– Demonstrate proficiency using the Just Culture Algorithm™ through guided practice
Who should attend
– Patient Safety Officers
– Chief Operating Officers
– Chief Nursing Officers
– Chief Medical Officers
– Chief Human Resources Officers
– Risk Managers
– Other Departmental Leaders
Shuttle between hotel and Certification Course venue is not pre-arranged.
Please contact your hotel of choice to inquire if they offer shuttle services.
TownePlace Suites by Marriott New Orleans Downtown/Canal Street
1600 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
0.3 miles from Course location
Map and Directions
Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans French Quarter
317 N Rampart St.
New Orleans, LA
1 mile from Course location
Map and Directions